Saturday, April 14, 2012

Auto Club "News" and Notes

--It was smart for Auto Club of Southern California to take the naming rights for California Speedway. I know that if I ever move to Southern California, and I still have a car, and I want protection in case I lock my keys in it, Auto Club is one of the many options I have.

--Carl Edwards trained with a SWAT-team earlier this week. He's learning to be so stealth that no one even knows that he's there--just like Josh Wise!

--Kasey Kahne is in danger of falling out of the top-35, meaning that he might have to qualify on time next week. No, that's not a joke.

--Allstate joins Bass Pro Shops as a primary sponsor for Jamie McMurray this weekend. Well-budgeted sponsorships of mid-level drivers should be prudent and deliberate--that's Allstate's stand.

--Jimmy John's is on the 29 car this weekend for the first time this season. I ate at a Jimmy John's for the first time last week, and its a great place to get a sandwich if there's no good sandwich shops in your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment