Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Brian France Convinced Lady Gaga's "You and I" is about Nascar

Nascar Chairman and professional recluse Brian France has been telling anybody who will listen that "You and I", the latest chart-topper by pop-star Lady Gaga, is completely about the sport he loves, owns, and occasionally ruins.

"I mean, just listen to the lyrics", France told us in an interview he was quick to agree to. "I was being driven down to the local Aldi's to buy some cream cheese, and I heard it on the radio. I asked for my personal driver to turn up the volume--it was like she was talking directly to ME!

"I mean, just listen to the lyrics--'Something, something about the Chase'. How could that be about anything BUT Nascar? And on top of that, its the aspect of the sport that I came up with! Maybe she's been spying on me (chuckles)".

When asked for further evidence that the song is, in fact, about stock car racing, France continued, "Well in the bridge of the song, she says 'So put your drinks up, for Daytona. For Daytona Daytona I love ya!' That's about Daytona Beach, the city I grew up in and occasionally visit! AND its the headquarters of Nascar and ISC! She must be a really big fan to know that!"

France added that he's already extended an invitation to Lady Gaga (through her official fan club, of which he is "…a member in good standing") to appear at next year's Daytona 500. France added that she would be more than welcome to perform the National Anthem, give the command to start engines, and possibly record a number of Nascar-themed songs for future advertising campaigns.

"She hasn't responded yet, but I just know its because she's busy clearing her February schedule to come down here", France said. "I can't wait to meet her, it'll be a dream come true!"


No comments:

Post a Comment