Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Race on the Radio

Due to work requirements I was unable to watch the Heluva Wet at the Glen today. Instead, I listened on the radio as my favorite driver, Marcos Ambrose, won what sounded like a wild one. Here's some other observations from listening to a race instead of watching it:

--Listening to Barney Hall is a lot like listening to my Grandpa, except that I actually WANT to hear what Barney Hall has to say.

--There's essentially no "studio crew/Hollywood Hotel", which meant going a whole race without hearing a really tall guy yell out, "JUNEBUG!!!"

--I don't know if all the local commercials had a subliminal effect on me, but I really want to have an Auto Counter Speedstakes for dinner tonight.

--My "local" affiliate, WDSD, refers to itself as "…a 50,000 Watt Nascar Blowtorch". Um, how is being a blowtorch a good thing?

--I've been told I'd do well in radio, but they already have one Moody guy at MRN.

No comments:

Post a Comment