Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A World of Change

With a stagnant economy showing no signs of immediate recovery, Americans everywhere are being forced to leave their jobs, voluntarily or involuntarily. We recently polled a sample of citizens to find out why THEY were leaving their current employer:

Nick Susskind, IT Professional, Cicero Illinois: "I didn't want to leave I-Tech, but the pay was just getting lower and lower. Three years in a row of salary-cuts had me making less than I did 10 years ago when I started in this field. It got to the point where I had to leave--I'll be doing some freelance work now, but I'm still worried about not having health insurance."

Alex Mosley-Parker, Paralegal, Smyrna Delaware: "I love Smyrna, and imagined spending the rest of my life here. But when my husband got transferred out west, I mean, we had to go, you know? In this economy you can't just stay for the heck of it, and, well, his job had the higher salary and better benefits."

John Thomas, Retail Manager, Sarasota Florida: "Basically I got forced out. I'd worked at my place for so long, my salary was, I guess, a little too high for the new District Manager. I can understand his side of it--why pay some 50-year-old almost 50% more than a 25-year-old--but I offered to take a pay cut. Now they're making me re-apply as an Assistant?"

Kurt Busch, Race Car Driver, Las Vegas Nevada: "Over the Thanksgiving holiday I took time to reflect on what is most important to me and realized I need to find a way to put the fun back into racing. It's time for a fresh start. Leaving a great organization and a lucrative contract is not easy, but it allows me to take a deep breath and work on things that can make me a better driver and a better person."

No comments:

Post a Comment