Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Weekend with Stevie

I missed most of the Nascar action this weekend, as I was at the fantastic wedding of my friends Jeff and Emily. Now, this may come as a shock to absolutely no one, but I'm pretty negative in social situations. That's why I was able to procure the talents of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s ultra-positive crew chief, Steve "Stevie" LeTarte. Here's some of the words of wisdom I had chirping in my ear.

Upon getting lost while attempting to stop for lunch in New Jersey…

"Don't worry, not a big deal, just let the GPS recalculate, we're gonna get 'em once we're back on the Turnpike."

Upon trying to check into the hotel, then finding out that my room wasn't ready…

"Don't worry, just put the luggage behind the lobby desk, we're gonna see if we can find you a room, non-smoking, just keep it steady."

Upon narrowly missing out on the garter belt toss…

"Don't worry, got a good crew here, good points day, we're staying in contention."

Upon buying drinks for two girls who I soon found out were married…

"Don't worry, just get a strong showing there, keep battlin', we want a strong points day here."

Upon getting stuck in traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike on the way home…

"Don't worry, just hold your line, heavy traffic, spotter's gonna guide ya here, try to conserve some fuel."

Upon coming home, turning on the TV, and getting a blank black screen on ESPN…

"Man, this sucks."

No comments:

Post a Comment