Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Win at Brickyard a Major Step Forward for Sideburns

With his recent win at Indy, Paul Menard took a huge step forward not just for his own career, but for the sideburn hairstyle he has supported for over a decade.

"I really want to just say that this proves that a man with sideburns can succeed", a jubilant but pensive Menard said in victory lane. "They said I couldn't do it with the 'burns, that I was wasting my time trimming them to just the right length, but today makes all the trying worthwhile."

In the hours following the win, Menard said that he had already received congratulatory messages from such sideburned luminaries as Luke Perry and Carl

Yastrzemski. Former Baltimore Oriole star Brady Anderson tweeted "Great win for the 'burned one! #Whathappenedtome"

Menard also acknowledged the contributions of his hairstyle by turning his head sideways (both) ways, thus allowing his sideburns to "kiss" the row of bricks.

"This was a win for me, my family, our team, and day-glo yellow, but more importantly it was a win for sideburns", Menard said. "Never again will we be 2nd-class follicles".


No comments:

Post a Comment